Description

If you see something that needs to be be credited to an artist or a website, let me know and I'll add the info.

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Artist who created Maus also created Garbage Pail Kids?

When I was kid, the Pulitzer Prize winning graphic Maus really struck a nerve with me.  It was an interesting viewpoint of the German invasion into Poland through the eyes of animals, specifically mice and cats instead of Jews and Germans. 



Written and illustrated by Art Spiegelman,  the books narrative bases itself on interviews Spiegelman conducted with his father about his personal experience during the Holocaust.   The illustrations carry so much depth and deal with such serious events; you can't helped but me moved by its candid view of one of history's worst tragedies.

That's why when I found out Speigelman also created Garbage Pail Kids in the 80's, I was kind of flabergasted.
Even though I'm a fan of both, I can't think of two creations that seem more opposite.


No comments:

Post a Comment